Kerala Backwater Holiday
A fascinating network connecting numerous canals, lakes, rivers and inlets formed by almost a mile of waterways, Kerala backwaters take your breath away. The unique ecosystem and aquatic life of the backwaters is a bonus to your vacation.
The mesmerising view of interconnecting rivers, canals and lakes along with lagoons surrounded by dense tropical forests is a delight to the eyes. The tropical forests of this region are home to many Tigers and various other wild life species. Kerala is a perfect holiday destination for nature lovers and explorers, and backwaters have always been attracting travellers from around the world with their unique charm and environment.
Day 1 : Arrival at Mumbai
The tour begins with your arrival at Mumbai. Our local team will welcome and escort you to the hotel. Relax and spend leisure. Overnight stay in Mumbai.
Day 2 : Mumbai
the day starts with the city tour of Mumbai. A dip in the beach, long drive to the Gateway of India or peaceful walks at the Elephanta caves, you get to do it all here in Mumbai.
• Amazing places to Visit - Juhu beach, Gateway of India, and Elephanta caves.
• Delights of Trip - Food, Entertainment, and Night life.
• Special charm of Mumbai - Juhu Beach, and Film City.
Overnight stay in Mumbai.
Day 03 : Arrive Trivandrum – Kovalam
You will be transferred to the aiport to board a flight to Trivandrum. On arrival, you will be transferred to Kovalam, 16 km away from the city. Spend time soaking yourself in the beautiful beaches and pamper yourself with an herbal massages.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Kovalam beach, Pozhikkara beach and lighthouse beach, Kaudiar Palace, Kovalam Museums, and Vizhinjam rock cut cave.
• Delights of Trip - Sunbathing, water sports, shopping, catamaran cruising, yoga, meditation and rejuvenative Ayurvedic body toning massages.
• Special charm Of Kovalam - Light house beach.
Overnight stay in Kovalam.
Day 04 : Kovalam - Cape Comorin – Kovalam
After enjoying the sunrise at Kovalam beach, you will be driven to the southernmost tip of Indian sub-continent, Cape Comorin, also known as Kanya Kumari.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Padmanabhapuram Palace & Archaeological museum
• Delights of Trip - Rich history, and serene beauty.
• Special charm Of Cape Comorin - Sunrise and sunset.
Drive back to Kovalam for overnight stay.
Day 05 : Kovalam – Varkala
An early morning drive it’s time to Varkala, the coastal town of Thruvananthapuram district, you can pamer your body with some ayurvedic therapies or explore the place soon after checking-in.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Janardana Swami Temple
• Delights of Trip - Ayurveda massage therapy and yoga treatment.
• Special Charm of Varkala - Cenozoic sedimentary formation cliffs
Overnight stay in Varkala.
Day 06 : Varkala – Kumarakom
Its time to cruise from Varkala to Kumarakom, the backwater tour country. Set in the backdrop of the Vembanand Lake, Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination. You can relax and enjoy the warmth of this small town.
Day 07 : Kumarakom
Famous for its wide range of flora, fauna and birdlife, you will be stunned every minute you spend on this land.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary,
• Delights of Trip - Boat ride to the countryside, Canoe trip, and Water sports
• Special Charm of Kumarakom - Bird Sanctuary. and countryside.
Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Day 08 : Kumarakom – Periyar
An early morning drive to Periyar, you can enjoy a picturesque of spice plantations and open grasslands lined with spectacular waterfalls and delightful trekking trails on your way. Check-in to the hotel and spend leisure time. Overnight stay.
Day 09 : Periyar Tiger Reserve
Pull up your socks to enter the jungle. Get your cameras and binoculars ready to visit the renowned Periyar Tiger Reserve. A Trek with a local guide will help you encounter some rare birds, animals, trees & flowers.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Periyar Tiger Reserve
• Delights of Trip - Trekking, Boat safari, and a chance to see the Tiger in real.
• Special Charm of Periyar Tiger Reserve - Tigers, Elephants, rare bird and animal species, Flora and Fauna.
Overnight stay in Periyar
Day 10, 11 : Periyar - Kottayam - Backwater Tour
Early morning drive to Kottayam from where you will be starting a 02-nights marvellous backwater cruise. You will board the unique traditionally decorated houseboat which is nowhere else to be found!
Day 12 : Alleppey – Cochin
Once back from your cruise, you will be picked up from Alleppey and checked-into the hotel in Cochin. This is be followed by an afternoon city tour of Cochin, popularly known as the ‘Queen of Arabian Sea’. Experience the charisma of this local city and enjoy the traditional Kathakali dance in the evening.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Jew Synagogue, Dutch Palace, St.Francis Church, Chinese fishing, Peninsula of Mattencherry and Fort Kochi, Vypin Island, Thrikakara Town, Chinese Fishing Nets, Jew Town, Aluva, St Francis Church, Princess Street ,Kerala Folklore Theatre and Museum, and Maradu.
• Delights of Trip - Some great historic places, museums, sea port, rich art, culture, and temples
• Special Charm - Special bicycle trip, Spice Market and Kathakali dance show.
Overnight In Cochin.
Day 13 : Cochin – Calicut
An Early morning air-conditioned drive to the city of Calicut, check into the hotel and spend the afternoon touring this ‘City of Sculptures’. Take an excursion to some of the museums and art gallery.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Pazhassiraja Museum, The Art Gallery and Krishna Art Museum.
• Delights of Trip - Some great historic places, museums, rich art and culture/
Overnight stay in Calicut.
Day 14 : Calicut - Treehouse
Located 65kms from Calicut, this will be an icing in the cake for everybody who fancies nature. Treehouse, situated en-route Ooty-Mysore highway in the Western Ghats among the Wyanad Hills, is built at an elevation of 3750ft above sea level. The only way to access this Treehouse is by a native cane elevator. Spend the day in this nature-blessed wonderland.
Overnight in Treehouse.
Day 15 : Treehouse
Today, you can explore the elegance of Treehouse. Indulge yourself in the beauty of this countryside. A perfect location for photographing, you will be overwhelmed in its serenity.
Overnight stay in Treehouse
Day 16 : Treehouse - Ooty
An early morning drive to Ooty, you will be pleased to witness this Queen of Hill Stations. On arrival, check-in into hotel.
Overnight in Ooty.
Day 17 : Ooty
Situated in Nilgiri Hills at 7,347 feet above sea level, Ooty is a popular hill station in the state of Tamil Nadu. The land is marked by hills covered with heavy vegetation, tea gardens, and eucalyptus trees. Spend the Day exploring the surroundings.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Tea Gardens, Ooty Botanical Gardens, Ooty Lake, Toda hut, Deer Park, Government Rose Garden.
• Delights of Trip - Some great landscapes, tea gardens and lakes.
• Special Charm - picnic spots in this hill station
Overnight in Ooty.
Day 18 : Ooty - Mysore
An early morning drive to Mysore, you will be stunned to experience this ‘Palace City of India’. Mysore has some of the most visited monuments of India. On arrival, check-in into hotel. Spend the afternoon exploring the local roots of this city.
• Amazing Places to Visit - Some famous Palaces likeJaganmohan Palace, Lalitha Mahal Palace, Mysore Palace, Brindavan Gardens, Mysore Sand Sculpture Museum, Rail Museum, St. Philomena's Church, Chamundi Hills, Mysore Zoo.
• Delights of Trip- Palaces and landscape views.
• Special Charm - A panoramic view from chamundi Hills, India’s first Sand sculpture Museum.
Overnight stay in Mysore.
Day 19 : Mysore - Bangalore
Followed by a morning city tour of Mysore, you will be transferred to Bangalore. On arrival, check-in into hotel and spend leisure time. Overnight at hotel.
Day 20 : Bangalore - Mumbai - Departure
The day will start with a morning city tour of Bangalore, also known as the IT Capital of India. This will be followed by a transfer to airport to board a flight to Mumbai. On arrival, you will be taken to hotel where you can freshen up and have dinner. Later, you’ll be transferred to Mumbai Airport to catch your return International flight.
Check-In & Check-Out time is 12 noon at all hotels.